Hot Milk by Deborah Levy


Hot Milk by Deborah Levy was shortlisted for the Booker. I found Hot Milk compelling.
‘My love for my mother is like an axe. It cuts very deep.’ A quote by the protagonist in this enigmatic portrayal of a mother –daughter relationship, fraught with complexities that arise out of the inevitable foibles and frailties of being part of a family. It transported me to a whimsical landscape with its deceptively simple story that deals with guilt, love and obligation - layers that go deeper and deeper till you are submerged in Deborah Levy's surreal world and stung by its myriad jellyfish.

Comments

  1. I Recently started reading books and your articles as well I discovered the attachment and kinship towards them.Thank you so much Ma'am for your Recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is short but beautiful like lily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting plot,and your whimsical brief intro... unparalleled

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts